MEDICAID MEMBERS AND UNINSURED VERMONTERS
Get free quit help with 802Quits.
In Vermont, if you are covered by Medicaid you also qualify for free help quitting smoking, vaping and other tobacco. This includes:
- 16 face-to-face tobacco cessation counseling sessions per year with an authorized health care professional
- 4 sessions of 802Quits individual, group and phone counseling
- Customized quit plan
- All 7 FDA-approved tobacco cessation medications including 24 weeks of Chantix® or Zyban®
- Unlimited preferred brands of patches and gum or lozenges or up to 16 weeks of non-preferred brands at no cost to you (with a prescription)
- 2 quit attempts per year
- No prior authorization for preferred treatments
- No co-pay
- Up to $150 in gift cards by participating
Quit Tobacco. Get Rewards.
Enroll and earn up to $150.
802Quits offers FREE support programs by phone, online or by text. If you are uninsured or a Medicaid member, you can earn up to $150 in gift cards by participating.
NOT SURE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID?
Ask your doctor for details.
Eligibility for children and adults under age 65 who are not blind or disabled is based on household income size. This includes Dr. Dynasaur, which is specifically for children under age 19 and pregnant women. Go to Vermont Health Connect to get details about the program and to apply.
Click here to learn more and apply for Medicaid for people who are 65 or older, blind or disabled.